The Duty-Free allowance for US Citizens is $1600.00 — Double that of other islands!
- When shopping on St. Croix, US citizens can enjoy a Duty- Free Allowance of $1600.00 per person, including children, every 30 days whether buying to pack or mail. This could add up to a $6400.00 joint declaration for a family of four residing in one household and traveling together!
- This Duty-Free Allowance is double the $800.00 limit from other islands, so make your important purchases on St. Croix.
- You may also take 5 cartons of cigarettes and 6 bottles of liquor back as long as 1 of the bottles is a product made in the VI such as Cruzan Rum. Liquor boxes are free to check aboard your return flight!
- Outside this allowance you can mail gifts to friends and relatives (not including tobacco and alcohol)–one package a day to the same address up to $200.00 in value with no declaration.
- This information is a summary of fact-specific issues. For the most up-to-date specifics on what you can bring back, go to www.cbp.gov or call the U.S. Customs & Border Protection (CBP), at (877) 287-8667.
Make important purchases here with double the Duty Free Allowance!